About Smart Solutions
Join the Smart Solutions team of eCommerce analysts, developers, retail experience designers, and digital strategists. Build your career in a growth-oriented culture where your voice is heard, there is a strong sense of community, and the opportunity for visibility and advancement is clear and reachable. We offer a full benefits package consisting of medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement savings, training, paid time off, work flexibility, and more.
As eCommerce Project Manager, you will be the main point of contact and accountable party for the quality delivery of on-schedule, on-budget eCommerce technology solutions. You will be a key liaison between all project teams including retail, marketing, technical, vendor, and executive leadership. You will be a trusted advisor and eCommerce strategist, present opportunities that lead to increased sales and online retail excellence, and execute projects that support our client’s goals and initiatives.
Characteristics We Seek
We are looking for a critical thinker with excellent communication and collaboration skills who is reliable and can balance logic with creativity. You must be organized with an ability to plan, delegate, and flexibly adapt in order to resolve unexpected circumstances or project challenges. You will be expected to provide insight around potential project risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution, align resources, and deliver results. We seek an organized charismatic leader who inspires and motivates all stakeholders and team members alike.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently ensure the successful implementation of new eCommerce projects as well as tasks to support existing client websites including managing timelines, scope, budget, communication, quality, issues, risks, critical paths, and resource allocation.
- Overall accountability for project profit and management of client budget.
- Lead discovery evaluations and support key strategy decisions to analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to implement eCommerce solutions and automate business processes.
- Work with the project team to proactively recommend and implement eCommerce optimizations and enhancements.
- Manage day-to-day tasks, change requests, team and stakeholder communications, and expectations.
- When needed, negotiate project priorities and schedules.
- Keep project plans, resource allocations, and budgets up to date.
- Monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate status, potential issues, risks, or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action and resolution.
- Control quality by reviewing deliverables prior to client presentation. Improve deliverables as needed and suggest process improvements when appropriate. Ensure final and satisfactory acceptance of all deliverables.
- Manage risk, threats, opportunities, blockers, and associated mitigation plans that could impact the success of the project. Notify internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Understand and communicate project scope as well as what our team is responsible for delivering to ensure all commitments are met and clients are more than satisfied with our work and customer service.
- 4+ years’ experience in a project management role working in a fast-paced professional services agency environment.
- Project management and successful delivery of at least 3 to 4 new complex eCommerce web development projects.
- Ability to multi-task and handle often unexpected distractions.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time including new development projects and client support requests.
- Experience managing the migration of eCommerce websites from one platform to another.
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship-building, teamwork, and collaboration skills are essential.
- Ability to deliver both positive and difficult news or updates to clients or team members in a tactful, professional manner.
- Ability to lead without micromanaging.
- Cross-functional team and people management skills.
- Ability to translate between and communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Coaching, mentoring, conflict resolution, and negotiation abilities.
- 3+ years hands on experience working with Magento.
- Adobe product certifications are a definite bonus. If not already certified, we will aim for you to be certified within a few months of employment. Training will be provided as needed.
- Solid familiarity with and understanding of Adobe Commerce and Commerce Cloud.
- Experience with Jira, sprint planning, and agile project development.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Digital Asset Management (DAM), Adobe Analytics or other Adobe products.
- Experience with other eCommerce platform solutions including Shopify and BigCommerce.
- Google analytics experience.