Smart Solutions, an eCommerce agency and a certified Magento partner, is looking for an energetic eCommerce Solution Specialist to join our team. We are a “small business looking for big thinkers” and leaders who will guide our company forward and architect top-notch eCommerce solutions for our clients.
No typical corporate hierarchies here. Just opportunities, every day, to make a difference, expand your skillset, and work with a smart, enjoyable group of people. We are in Annapolis Maryland, but telecommuting is an option. Does the sound of this inspire you? Do you know anyone who might be a good fit? You must be able to independently architect and manage eCommerce solutions right out of the gate. Magento eCommerce experience and certification is an absolute must.
This project manager must be smart, have common sense business experience and be able to work with senior executives, management and the entire project team to communicate and solve real business problems through technology solutions. You must be able to “think” like a business analyst” and “lead like a project manager”. Experience in full life cycle web development and eCommerce is an absolute must.
And did we mention the need to multi-task? You must be able to concurrently manage brand new projects and maintain existing websites as well as handle a multitude of constant support requests. Projects vary in complexity. Not your thing? This job is not for you.
- Independently manage and deliver high-quality, on-budget and on-time technical eCommerce and web solutions
- Ensure eCommerce project methodologies and best practices are effectively utilized
- Identify client objectives and business requirements and work with the project team to architect online solutions that meet those requirements
- Think like a business analyst and solve technical challenges using technology
- Research and work with technical leads to recommend technology and software solutions including extensions, 3rd party systems and back office retail applications that will support business requirements
- Effectively handle multiple, competing priorities; make recommendations for changes/adaptations to project plans in response to changing data or conditions
- Create development specifications, test scenarios and standards for quality assurance
- Make sure all projects live up to our high standards in design, usability and functionality
- Develop training agendas and train clients and store administrators to use Magento
- Assist with site architecture and product catalog definition as well as data loads
- Troubleshoot and identify problems or software failures and work to quickly resolve them
- Recommend and implement internal process improvements as needed to increase efficiencies and improve productivity
- Solid understanding of web technologies and experience in planning, management, execution and launch of eCommerce projects
- Strong communication skills written, verbal and presentation
- Financial competencies including budgeting, project profitability, estimating, pricing and scope management
- Team leadership skills with a “can-do” attitude and the ability to positively influence all members of the project team
- Meticulous, organized, detail-oriented approach to work