Smart Solutions is looking for a certified Magento developer who will be responsible for building and deploying Magento eCommerce websites including developing custom PHP , installing and configuring extensions and actively assisting in improving the usability and functionality of custom B2C and B2B Magento Open Source and Commerce websites. We build brand new eCommerce sites as well as take on maintenance of existing websites for retailers looking for a more qualified, attentive firm. You must be able to architect and develop new Magento sites as well as troubleshoot and repair older sites developed in different Magento versions.
Solid Magento expertise is mandatory. Although there will always plenty of ongoing opportunities to gain experience and advance, we will expect you to come in and be immediately productive. You may be asked to speak directly to clients for consulting, support and Q&A.
Job Requirements and Primary Responsibilities
- At least one Magento certification, multiple certifications preferred
- 3+ years Magento development and implementation experience including development and deployment of a minimum of four to five Magento 2 projects
- Understanding of the Magento admin dashboard including store and catalog configurations, orders, content, and settings
- Must be able to research, develop code, test and deploy Magento eCommerce websites
- Proficiency in developing, debugging and optimizing complex PHP
- Strong MySQL database and SQL query experience
- An understanding of Zend’s underlying architecture, the implications and challenges presented by the framework Magento is built upon
- A deep understanding of Magento’s ORM architecture including simple models and Magento’s unique implementation of EAV
Experience with custom Magento modules.
- Blocks, Observers, Controllers, Models, Helpers, and SQL updates
- Ability to upgrade and migrate Magento web stores, test and deploy Magento security patches
- Implement and customize off-the-shelf Magento extensions and develop custom Magento extensions
- Work with front-end web designers to implement custom Magento templates (Smart Solutions uses Luma for most projects)
- Experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC, REST) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform is a plus
- Integrations with API-driven third-party systems