We are looking for a mid-level to senior WordPress developer to join our growing team. Smart Solutions does not build websites using off the shelf templates so you must be experienced building solutions from scratch and have expertise in custom post types, advanced custom fields, WooCommerce, plug-ins, theme development and responsive layouts. A strong proficiency in HTML/CSS, PHP and MySQL is required.
The candidate must be comfortable working in a busy, faced-paced environment. You will be required to work on multiple projects simultaneously – some with tight, high priority deadlines. Strong organizational and communication skills along with the ability to efficiently multi-task without requiring micromanagement will be an important factor in our decision.
Our perfect candidate is a capable and enthusiastic WordPress/WooCommerce developer who is motivated about new opportunities and learning new skills.
- 4 years WordPress and WooCommerce experience
- 4-6 years web software and database development experience
Primary Job Responsibilities
- WordPress and WooCommerce website development
- Use of media queries for responsive implementation
- Editing graphics and photos for web use and development
- Updating and maintaining existing WordPress websites including content and design
- Content input and layout may be required
Website QA and testing on multiple browsers and platforms
- Core WordPress and plug-in upgrades
Malware service monitoring and problem reporting
- Research to find suitable software or plug-ins that will support a specific website functional task or solve a client’s business or technology problem
- Assist with setup and troubleshooting of domain names, DNS settings, email accounts, hosting accounts
- Direct client communication is often necessary
- WooCommerce experience is mandatory including assistance with payment gateway integration and configuration